I’ve spent the day profiling trying to figure out why our RemoteWebDriver usage of Winium.Desktop is so much slower than just running the tests straight through Winium.Cruciatus.
The profile yielded that TCPSocket#initialize was the culprit, strange, opening a socket shouldn’t take that long.
A quick google gave me this post for an answer.
123 Could tryrequire 'resolv-replace' before hand, or using 127.0.0.1 instead oflocalhost.
I didn’t go as far as to require the resolv-replace but just changed my ‘localhost:9999’ to ‘127.0.0.1:999’ instead and my 10 calls of a total 10sec dropped to 0.5sec total. Remarkable.
So that’s an easy fix for you if you find yourself in the same bind.